13-06-2016, 16:06   #1
SJMore

Transfer from PPT to Flow has GPS anomalies
Has anyone had issues with GPS trace differences when transferring from PPT to Flow.

Recently had issues where timing to certain points was very different in Flow,

and today on a run the FLow trace showed a finish about half a mile before the actual finish.

Does this mean that there is an anomaly in the algorithm used to bring across the data from PPT to Flow?

Thanks
SJMore is offline Reply With Quote
14-06-2016, 05:29   #2
MichaelJSwann

I had some issues when I transferred some of my history across from polarpersonaltrainer to Flow. My GPS trace would stop half way. I tried deleting and re-transferring some of the affected sessions, but the result was the same. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

In my case the export from Flow to Strava worked correctly, even though the trace showed errors.

Previous:
Garmin Forerunner 230, RCX5 Tour de France & G5 GPS, M450, V650, RS300X, M51, Favor
MichaelJSwann is offline Reply With Quote
15-02-2018, 09:47   #3
ELDIABLO1

Oh, am I so glad that someone else has noted the anomalies. In fact, if you read my recent post titled "Transfer of Data from PPT to Polar Flow is both Inaccurate and Incomplete", you will be confirmed that the anomalies are there and are there to stay (as I was informed by Polar staff). I need to retain the speed data I have in PPT and when I transfer sessions to Polar Flow, I get pace instead about which, for my specific training purposes, I don't give a rat's ass.
I realize that you and I have different issues relating to the transfer of data. Nevertheless, they relate to serious flaws in the transferring process.
Against this background, you and others, if any (since my earlier post mentioned above did not seem to attract interest), may wish to contact Polar's customer service outside this Forum like I did and formally complain about the anomalies you have encountered asking them to do something about fixing them.
If you do, please inform us about their feedback.
Regards.
EL DIABLO
ELDIABLO1 is offline Reply With Quote
16-02-2018, 02:11   #4
MichaelJSwann

Digging up an almost two year old thread is gold.

18 months ago, I might have cared to do something. I moved on from Polar long ago, so now my care factor is much less.

Interesting you call November 2017 recent. I guess in this case it is.

Previous:
Garmin Forerunner 230, RCX5 Tour de France & G5 GPS, M450, V650, RS300X, M51, Favor
MichaelJSwann is offline Reply With Quote