01-10-2015, 12:08   #1
zog24

transfer to Flow No matching sport profiles!
Hello I have RCX5 and I have created custom sport profiles.
When Exporting to Flow I am unable to match about 5 of my sport profiles to anything similiar.

Are there any plans to add support in Flow to create custom sport profiles for the sake of importing ppt.com data?

Until there are matching sport profiles or ability to export ppt.com sport profiles to flow I cannot switch to flow.

Regards Martin.
zog24 is offline Reply With Quote
06-02-2016, 16:39   #2
JGinNJ

Originally Posted by zog24 View Post
Hello I have RCX5 and I have created custom sport profiles.
When Exporting to Flow I am unable to match about 5 of my sport profiles to anything similiar.

Are there any plans to add support in Flow to create custom sport profiles for the sake of importing ppt.com data?

Until there are matching sport profiles or ability to export ppt.com sport profiles to flow I cannot switch to flow.

Regards Martin.
I had the same frustration. I think the key is to create sport profiles that will match your PPT items on the Polar Flow web app first and then transfer the PPT data. The complicating factor is that you can't actually create new sport profiles on Polar Flow until you have registered a device compatible with Polar Flow.

It comes down to there being no good reason to move from PPT to Flow if you are not changing to a Flow-compatible device. (This is assuming that Polar doesn't wind up shutting PPT down as all of their newer devices use Flow.) In my case, I'm considering upgrading my aging FT60 to an M400. I'll register the M400 on Flow, create sport profiles to match those from my FT60 data on PPT and then transfer the legacy data (and hope for the best).
JGinNJ is offline Reply With Quote
23-02-2016, 14:34   #3
zog24

Good Idea
Originally Posted by JGinNJ View Post
I had the same frustration. I think the key is to create sport profiles that will match your PPT items on the Polar Flow web app first and then transfer the PPT data. The complicating factor is that you can't actually create new sport profiles on Polar Flow until you have registered a device compatible with Polar Flow.

It comes down to there being no good reason to move from PPT to Flow if you are not changing to a Flow-compatible device. (This is assuming that Polar doesn't wind up shutting PPT down as all of their newer devices use Flow.) In my case, I'm considering upgrading my aging FT60 to an M400. I'll register the M400 on Flow, create sport profiles to match those from my FT60 data on PPT and then transfer the legacy data (and hope for the best).
Thanks for your reply. I hope your Idea will solve the problem. I have Polar Loop and H7 HRM with Polar Beat on android Both supporting Polar Flow but I cannot still create custom sport profiles. This feature is important for me because I have 3 years of training history and I would like to keep tracking the results/efforts per sport separately.

It comes down to what Polar considers "compatible devices" to create custom sport names in order to proceed with the import. I was thinking about buying the Polar A360 but it is not clear if that will resolve my problem.
zog24 is offline Reply With Quote