Polar Discussion Forum will not be available after 31 May, 2018. Learn more.

22-04-2014, 09:06   #1
23deano

ppt.com progress report - some clarification needed
Hi there

I'm unsure that I have my max HR set correctly so I thought I'd take a look at all of my results since getting my RC3 GPS and finding the maximum HR recorded. Not exact, but this is a sub-max HR test if I have understood correctly.

Now when I look across the date range and check the curve for heart rate comparison, I see 3 lines. Green is average, blue is presumably minimum and red is presumably maximum seen in that particular training.

Can someone explain to me why the values are not recorded for all trainings?
Attached Images:
23deano is offline Reply With Quote
22-04-2014, 09:46   #2
JohnHaraldA

Red is defined HRmax (not recorded max) and blue is 50% of that where sport zone 1 begins, so those curves define the limits of the sport zones, and green is the recorded avg. Not sure why it doesn't show red/blue throughout,

Last edited by JohnHaraldA : 22-04-2014 at 09:49.
JohnHaraldA is offline Reply With Quote
22-04-2014, 11:53   #3
23deano

Thanks for pointing that out.

I hope somebody can explain why the data isn't recorded on all activities.
22-04-2014, 17:46   #4
MusicLaw

What do you see for the HR values when you view the Data Tab of any Training Session for which the Progress charting is not showing a Red nor Green line curve plottted?

If the data is shown in the Data Tab view, then the absence of the plot appearing in the Progress Report, may be a parsing or coding error in the Progress Report routine.

Try generating a shorter duration Progress Report for the Date Range of the last 1/2 or 2/3 of that shown in your attached image. See if the data remains absent.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
23-04-2014, 09:25   #5
23deano

Originally Posted by MusicLaw View Post
What do you see for the HR values when you view the Data Tab of any Training Session for which the Progress charting is not showing a Red nor Green line curve plottted?
Data for heart rate is always entered into the max, min and average fields.

Originally Posted by MusicLaw View Post
Try generating a shorter duration Progress Report for the Date Range of the last 1/2 or 2/3 of that shown in your attached image. See if the data remains absent.
Only the average heart rate is displayed, except there are only two training that displays points for maximum, minimum and average heart rate in the progress report over a shorter time, the last 2/3 months of this year.

All sessions include the data in the correct fields.
23-04-2014, 16:37   #6
MusicLaw

Originally Posted by 23deano View Post
Data for heart rate is always entered into the max, min and average fields.

Only the average heart rate is displayed, except there are only two training that displays points for maximum, minimum and average heart rate in the progress report over a shorter time, the last 2/3 months of this year.

All sessions include the data in the correct fields.
Moderator Kate can take a look at your account data (with your permission) and perhaps get the coding team to determine the underlying problem.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
23-04-2014, 18:51   #7
23deano

Yes, that would be great.

Kate - if you read this - you have my permission!
28-05-2015, 13:52   #8
23deano

Basically, a bump
I still see this anomaly, I was hoping it would have been addressed by now.

Can any moderator please look into it?
31-07-2016, 19:31   #9
qwas5

I noticed the same thing - intermittent heart rate comparison data being displayed in ppt.com.

I was able to get the heart rate comparison graph to show lower and upper ownzone limits by manually editing the data for each workout, inserting a '0' (numeric zero) in the "speed avg" field, pressing enter, then pressing save.

After doing that, and refreshing the graph, I see the ownzone lower and upper limits displayed by the heart rate comparison data graph. This is of interest to me as I want to see how my ownzone limits change over time.

Makes no sense to me why inserting a zero in 'speed avg' would have this effect, but it does in my case. Interesting, when I delete the '0' from the field, and save, the '0' is redisplayed after the save...as if there is some edit on the field that will not save a blank value.

FWIW, I have an FT80.
qwas5 is offline Reply With Quote
31-07-2016, 19:54   #10
qwas5

and...it appears to me that if you have >1 training session during one day, PPT.com will display the highest of the upper limits, and the lower of the low limits. This can happen if you use ownzone for one session, but not another on the same day (when you use the FT80's strength training guidance, for example.)

That's a couple of hundred dollars worth of free tech support, Polar. I'll assume my cheque is in the mail.
qwas5 is offline Reply With Quote