23-10-2017, 03:53   #11
Laz_

Originally Posted by JGinNJ View Post
First, PPT will be discontinued, so just accept that reality. Instead of a quixotic quest to save PPT, you're better off doing your research to decide what the best alternative will be for you. You'll have to do your research carefully and not make a decision based on how Flow operates with your legacy equipment, as Flow seems to only reveal features as you add devices that support those features. Why not reach out to Polar and see what they recommend. I did just that in the US and they couldn't have been more helpful.
so, what did they recommend to you then ?
Laz_ is offline Reply With Quote
31-12-2017, 21:04   #12
JGinNJ

Originally Posted by Laz_ View Post
so, what did they recommend to you then ?
Sorry - I haven't been on this forum in a couple of months. The automated system recommended the A370 but when speaking to Polar USA, they said to look at either the A370 or M430. I went with the M430 since they had just updated the firmware for activity tracking and the Flow web site handles recovery analysis for the M430 but not the A370.

I've been wearing it basically 24/7 for 2 months and using it in the gym and hiking/trail running and its been great. I also bought a H10 sensor, but the wrist based HR on the M430 is really good so I never really use the H10. The wrist-based HR compares well with the data from my old FT60 and H1. It blows the Garmin Elevate sensor out of the water. I had a fenix 3HR, fenix 5, and vivosmart HR and the wrist based HR was just random numbers.

The biggest improvement is in the portals. Flow is so much better than PPT. PPT was a place to store data, Flow is the place to really use the data to gain some useful insights. If you intend on staying with Polar, I'd recommend that you do yourself a favor and make the move sooner than later.
JGinNJ is offline Reply With Quote
25-01-2018, 05:40   #13
Laz_

nahhhh....
thx for your interesting reply, but I like what I got now and when it is rendered useless I'll just console myself with whatever top garmin model they'll have at the time.
it is against my interest to reward bad business behavior with more business
Laz_ is offline Reply With Quote