12-02-2014, 15:52   #1
mover27

Pairing with an android phone
Just got the WearLink with Bluetooth and for the life of me, I can't get any device to see it.

- How do I actually turn it on?! I presume snapping it onto the strap activates it but does it have to pick up a heartbeat before it can be seen as a bluetooth device?
- Does it have to be snapped on a certain way, i.e. can I have it upside down? (I've tried both ways)

I've tried both a Moto X and a Nexus 4 and even my desktop can't see the bluetooth device

Any help is appreciated
mover27 is offline Reply With Quote
23-02-2014, 10:09   #2
yaakop

Hi, absolutly the same situation with Sony Xperia V LT25i (bluetooth 4.0) or Asus Zenbook. No one can pair this HR monitor. So far I have not found any solution.
yaakop is offline Reply With Quote
23-02-2014, 12:14   #3
mover27

I got it in the end. The monitor doesn't actually switch on until it detects a heart beat. So you have to wet the band, put it on, wait a min and then scan for bluetooth devices and you'll see it.

This should be in the feckin' manual!
24-02-2014, 12:05   #4
Amphkingwest

Originally Posted by mover27 View Post
This should be in the feckin' manual!
Ermmm, did you have a look at the manual?

There's a copy of it here:
http://www.polar.com/uk-en/support/P...with_Bluetooth

Quote:
Wear the Heart Rate Sensor
1. Moisten the electrode areas of the strap. Picture B1.
2. Attach the connector to the strap. Picture B2.
3. Adjust the strap length to fit tightly but comfortably.
4. Tie the strap around your chest, just below the chest muscles, and attach the hook to the other end of the strap. Picture B3.
5. Check that the moist electrode areas are firmly against your skin and that the Polar logo of the connector is in a central and upright position. Picture B4.

Glad you worked it out anyway.

Blog - amphkingwest.com
Twitter - Amphkingwest

Current Setup:
Updated - V800 Blue with H7
Look KEO Power Pedals
CS600x Speed & Cadence
H7 / Android App on Samsung Galaxy S4

Previous Units (still used as watches)
RCX5 HRM with G5 and s3+, RS800x G3 S1, RS200 SD, CS300, S720i, S625i all with HRM and various attachments over the years
Amphkingwest is offline Reply With Quote
24-02-2014, 12:45   #5
mover27

Yup, I sure did. But where does it mention there that it will automatically turn on? You can presume as much, but if your phone isn't picking it up, how would you know if it's an issue with your phone or the monitor?