Polar Discussion Forum will not be available after 31 May, 2018. Learn more.

13-11-2011, 06:50   #21
GeoffreyTransom

Same here... Polar has some 'splainin to do
Seriously, I will NEVER buy a Polart product again after the schemozzle with their Bluetooth HRM - and I will advise everybody I encounter to refrain likewise.

Three different Android devices (a tab, a Huawei Ideos, and a Huawei Sonic), four different apps (Endomondo, CardioTracker, MyTracks and HRMNavi), and NOT ONCE have I managed to simply strap the bloody thing on and have it connect and sync.

It has been a CONSTANT drama - of unpairing, re-pairing, and what-have-you.

This is the ONLY bluetooth device for which ANY of our phones/tabs shows a problem.

Typical... had a binary choice (Polar vs HxM) and picked the wrong one despite the Polar being $10 more expensive... I have never heard of anyone with an HxM strap that had any problems.

So now Polar will henceforth be mentioned in the same breath as Compaq for notebooks - i.e., a firm that furnishes substandard stuff and then backs it up with utterly ignorant post-sale service.
GeoffreyTransom is offline Reply With Quote
23-11-2011, 15:44   #22
paolo01

Polar should sell real products in exchange for real money
Originally Posted by lacrolix View Post
I use Cardio Trainer on my Android so I got excited when Polar released a Bluetooth ver. I got mine in mid Sept. 2011. Worked fine for about 2 weeks then I began having issues. Heart rate was not tracking properly, connectivity issues. It's paired to my phone but does not connect at all.

I thought maybe it was the strap. I have a Polar 40M. Works great. Had it over a year now. Never had problems. I tested it with that and it works fine. So it's not the strap.

I also tried downloading other apps that are compatible with the Polar Bluetooth transmitter, nothing. I read that unpairing and repairing can sometimes help, I can't even pair it up again after I unpaired it.

All that's left for me to try is replacing the battery on the Polar WearLink+ Bluetooth transmitter. I think it's bad if the battery wears out THAT fast. Will try that and update.
i did the same. since I bought two (one for the town, one for the seaside) i moved the battery of the just-arrived-working one to the arrived-three-weeks-earlier-not working, and it is not the battery.

now two weeks have passed, and even the working one has stopped providign signals.

I have two old HR monitor, not bluetooth, working with my polar watch, and used ther working belts with the bluetooth.

No way.

I guess the best thing is to stop asking for replacements and simply ask polar to send the money back.
they shall be using some defective part that brokes after a short while.

I have CardioTrainer Pro on Samsung Galaxy s2.
paolo01 is offline Reply With Quote
24-11-2011, 05:35   #23
GeoffreyTransom

It's simply a junk product. Polar ought to recall them.
Originally Posted by lacrolix View Post
I use Cardio Trainer on my Android so I got excited when Polar released a Bluetooth ver. I got mine in mid Sept. 2011. Worked fine for about 2 weeks then I began having issues. Heart rate was not tracking properly, connectivity issues. It's paired to my phone but does not connect at all.

I thought maybe it was the strap. I have a Polar 40M. Works great. Had it over a year now. Never had problems. I tested it with that and it works fine. So it's not the strap.

I also tried downloading other apps that are compatible with the Polar Bluetooth transmitter, nothing. I read that unpairing and repairing can sometimes help, I can't even pair it up again after I unpaired it.

All that's left for me to try is replacing the battery on the Polar WearLink+ Bluetooth transmitter. I think it's bad if the battery wears out THAT fast. Will try that and update.

Same here - now my neither my phone nor my tab can even SEE my $90 piece of garbage. BAttery has been changed several times, the strap is always maintained per the manual - all to absolutely no avail.

Oh well - from now on, the 700K unique visitors a year I get to my site will see a custom Flash ad that says NEVER BUY A POLAR PRODUCT. If it prevents Polar from ripping someone else off, at least I will have some satisfaction.

I've had mine for about 10 weeks, and it has been simply the most irritating piece of technology I have ever purchased (and I have a Compaq CQ40 notebook, so that's saying something).

And why are Polar silent in this forum on this? Because they KNOW the device is inherently defective.

My only regret is that I didn't pay with our credit card - otherwise I would invoke Fraud Protection and get my money back.
24-11-2011, 22:49   #24
GeoffreyTransom

After some digging...
Originally Posted by GeoffreyTransom View Post
Same here - now my neither my phone nor my tab can even SEE my $90 piece of garbage. BAttery has been changed several times, the strap is always maintained per the manual - all to absolutely no avail.

Oh well - from now on, the 700K unique visitors a year I get to my site will see a custom Flash ad that says NEVER BUY A POLAR PRODUCT. If it prevents Polar from ripping someone else off, at least I will have some satisfaction.

I've had mine for about 10 weeks, and it has been simply the most irritating piece of technology I have ever purchased (and I have a Compaq CQ40 notebook, so that's saying something).

And why are Polar silent in this forum on this? Because they KNOW the device is inherently defective.

My only regret is that I didn't pay with our credit card - otherwise I would invoke Fraud Protection and get my money back.
I discovered that I DID pay with a credit card.

So today I wrote to the seller (sports-tracker.com) and said that if they don't refund the purchase price and delivery charge, I am going to get my bank to reverse the charge (here in Australia you can do that even up to a year later, if the product is defective or fails to perform as advertised). I spoke to my bank just now, and they will do it anytime I ask.

So either way, this piece of garbage can go in the bin where it belongs - and I will try to find another Android-compatible device (I say "another", but the Polar device is not compatible with anything, really, because it's a shoddy piece of rubbish).
28-11-2011, 11:40   #25
Karlson2012

Same problem
Itry this "Bluetooth from hell" with a windows mobile QTEK S100 (with Rungps soft http://www.rungps.net/) and with a Iphone 3gs jailbreaked with roqyBt http://www.roqy-bluetooth.net/wp/ bluetooth core and endomondo soft http://www.endomondo.com.

SAME problem, disconetc, connect, imposible to use while you ar running or cycling.
The device is NEW with Full charge or battery.
Finally, i accept that this product have a BUG and should never have come on the market
Karlson2012 is offline Reply With Quote
01-12-2011, 10:22   #26
dugald3

Uh oh, me too
Originally Posted by GeoffreyTransom View Post
.. (here in Australia you can do that even up to a year later, if the product is defective or fails to perform as advertised)..
What a shame, mine was working fine since mid September and now went bad, just a couple of months later. Same issue as others here where I can't even see it over Bluetooth to re-pair it. I followed the support video (wear and maintenance) and tested and replaced the battery but no joy. Going to see what Polar do with regard to their limited international warranty/service centre to check it out/replace or persue a refund/credit card reversal as Geoffrey suggests is possible, as I'm also in Australia.
dugald3 is offline Reply With Quote
13-12-2011, 10:48   #27
Main User

Hi,
First of all, apologies for taking so long to get involved in this thread.

The Polar WearLink+ transmitter with Bluetooth is designed to give an easy access to Polar heart rate measurement experience for people who have bluetooth 2.0 + EDR supported mobile phone. The very reason we chose this transfer method is so that it'd be as widely accessible as possible with a standard that is widely tested and accepted across manufacturers.

When a mobile software manufacturer wishes to make their software compatible with Polar heart rate monitoring, they need a licence for it to access the Polar heart rate information correctly. In this thread there seem to be a couple of software that do not have this licence (to check compatible sw, please visit the product page here: http://www.polar.fi/en/products/acce...with_Bluetooth. Furthermore, the bluetooth on iPhone is not 'open'. This naturally means that Polar transmitter cannot be compatible with iPhone.

Always make sure that when you're using the transmitter, that you don't put it in a ruck sack or anywhere where your body can get between the transmitter and the signal receiving mobile. This is because the body's water content is so high that when placed between transmitter and receiver ends of the product, it can block the whole signal. I hope this makes sense.

On battery consumption we can only say that if you feel that the battery life is considerably less than the expected 150 hours of use (see user manual), then contacting your local service to have the transmitter checked would be a good idea. If you want to make doubly sure that you have the appropriate battery life, when changing it please do use the recommended CR 2025 Panasonic type. Cheap batteries tend to die faster.

Mirja
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
20-12-2011, 18:33   #28
Lanstronio

Polar Wearlink BT: The problem
My problem with Polar WearLink Bluetooch device: The battery lasts about 3 or 4 hours after that time the connection is blocked. SportyPal application. The name-brand batteries. I am very disappointed with a prestigious brand such as Polar.
Lanstronio is offline Reply With Quote
20-12-2011, 19:10   #29
rehlaci

Polar Wearlink BT: battery problem
I also have problem with the battery life time. It drains after 4-5 hours. As suggested by Polar I dropped the device Today to the local service. Looking forward for a solution as otherwise the device is quite good but if the battery issue will not be fixed I will return it and will buy a rechargeable Zephyr device.
rehlaci is offline Reply With Quote
21-12-2011, 14:49   #30
Lanstronio

WarLink BT battery : The problem.Polar is the solution? That is the question.
WearLink battery BT: The Problem:
Many people have reported malfunctions. The question is: does anyone have a battery life of the product according to specifications?.
It is logical that if the battery is not the length announced by Polar, there is a responsibility of the mark on this issue.

¡¡¡Everyone has the right to demand what you pay!!!

Polar is the solution? That is the question.
Lanstronio is offline Reply With Quote