04-10-2014, 08:36   #1
snydesr

beginners training programme and HR
good day
I am new to cycling, i am unfit and started a programme via polar personal trainer,

the question i have is if i stick to the training programme and have to started off in zone 2 which is 113 to 133, its a bit hard to stay in that zone,if i just cycle and @ a slow pace my heart rate is almost at 133,not very tired or out of breath (lol thats only in the beginning)for me to constantly stay in the correct zone i have to slow down cadence and sometimes stop peddling.

would you guys recommend that i continue in this way or try something different, because for me to training like this feels like there wont be any benefit.

would you also recommend that i start training with zone optimizer on?

Age 29 ,Resting heart rate 88.
Polar rc3 gps

also i just got a cadence sensor and to maintain the recommended cadence my heart rate would also shoot up?

any advise

thank you

Last edited by snydesr : 04-10-2014 at 11:50.
snydesr is offline Reply With Quote
04-10-2014, 16:03   #2
snydesr

hey
any reply please?
snydesr is offline Reply With Quote
04-10-2014, 16:17   #3
Longimano

I would recommend reading the following threads. Even if they refer to running, the subject is the same:

http://forum.polar.fi/showthread.php?t=29085
http://forum.polar.fi/showthread.php?t=29278
http://forum.polar.fi/showthread.php?t=25089

You may also consider purchasing a trainer or, to begin with, train with an ergometer at a local gym, and find a pace that keeps you in Zone 2.
When I train on my trainer, I can adjust resistance/gears, and I succeed to be very steady with speed, cadence, HR, as I am not disturbed by traffic, hills, etc.

Hope it helps.
RS800CX with G3 GPS, Speed and Cadence Sensors

Current devices

RC3 GPS with H2, Speed and Cadence Sensors
V800 with H7, Stride, Speed and Cadence BT Smart Sensors

Favorite Sports
Road Running, Road Cycling, Scuba Diving, Fine Dining
Longimano is offline Reply With Quote
10-10-2014, 13:16   #4
Lamborghini2014

Originally Posted by snydesr View Post
good day
I am new to cycling, i am unfit and started a programme via polar personal trainer,

the question i have is if i stick to the training programme and have to started off in zone 2 which is 113 to 133, its a bit hard to stay in that zone,if i just cycle and @ a slow pace my heart rate is almost at 133,not very tired or out of breath (lol thats only in the beginning)for me to constantly stay in the correct zone i have to slow down cadence and sometimes stop peddling.

would you guys recommend that i continue in this way or try something different, because for me to training like this feels like there wont be any benefit.

would you also recommend that i start training with zone optimizer on?

Age 29 ,Resting heart rate 88.
Polar rc3 gps

also i just got a cadence sensor and to maintain the recommended cadence my heart rate would also shoot up?

any advise

thank you

Irecommend that you continue in this way ....slow aways and you won a heart better for it....sorry my english...
18-10-2014, 18:47   #5
Baggggerz

Longimano is right, have a good look at the links he posted. Its just a different way of training. I had (have) a similar but slightly different issue with run training. Just stick to the plan and soon enough or in a month or more likely 2, you will be at a higher pace for the ride, whilst maintaining Z2. Kind of goes against what your body is telling you at first but its right according to 99% of the posts I have read.

Garmin 910XT
Polar RS 400
Polar S810
Polar Smart Edge
Polar Edge
Baggggerz is offline Reply With Quote