04-08-2014, 14:13   #1
Willem_66

Training Load
Why does my training load graph some times extends and passes over the top (red section) and comes back onto the page one or two days later? Four days after my training session will it reach the yellow section and two days later reach the green section? I will then also train during the yellow, but at very low intencity - cadence = 80, HR @ 136.
Willem_66 is offline Reply With Quote
08-09-2014, 07:17   #2
Willem_66

Yes, same thing happened now for the fourth time????

Any advise???
Willem_66 is offline Reply With Quote
08-09-2014, 07:33   #3
wildsau2710

This can have some reasons (I assume you refer to the ppt tl graph):
- The Scaling of the TL graph depends on your activity level. If you have an activity that is out of your normal habit, then this can happen. Happend for me, too. But in these cases it was reasonable and reflected my feeling.(e.g. you have an average activity level of 1-3h / week and you do a high intensity 5h mtb ride).
- Your training load is calculated too high. This can happen if your hr max is not set correctly (e.g. if you use the age based formula, which doesn't fit for all people. )
wildsau2710 is offline Reply With Quote
08-09-2014, 11:14   #4
MichaelJSwann

The training load graph adapts over time to your training. If you don't have much data, it will just think you're starting out. As you build up your history, it will settle down.

Also, your activity level is based on the amount of training you have done over a 12 or 13 week period. My combination of RCX5 and polarpersonaltrainer sees this adapt to what I do as well (the activity level varies based on how much training I record over time).

In time I have found it to be pretty accurate as its recommendations align to how I feel if I have pushed hard for a couple of days. I generally heed the curve if it says to take a break.

Previous:
RCX5 Tour de France & G5 GPS, M450, V650, RS300X, M51, Favor
MichaelJSwann is offline Reply With Quote
11-12-2014, 12:20   #5
RafaelAntonio_M

Mi experiencia personal es muy preciso el grafico de carga de entrenamiento, cuando la grafica pasa a rojo descanso para recuperar y mis sensaciones mejoran. Es mi herramienta favorita en mi entrenamiento.
RafaelAntonio_M is offline Reply With Quote