17-04-2015, 10:57   #1
ababacz

Training Reminders based Energy Expenditure (MTB)
Hello Everyone,

does anyone of you use Training Reminders with Energy Expenditure (kcal) for MTB Marathons/trainings (for example in V800)?
I used to use it with time interval but I consider to start with kcal...

May I ask what kcal interval do you use and how much you eat to cover this expenditure? I don't think this is 1:1
Maybe something like alert every 600 kcal and corresponding eating of energy bar with approx 300 kcal?

Thanks.
ababacz is offline Reply With Quote
17-04-2015, 19:24   #2
MusicLaw

Certainly a valid use and configuration!

I had my V800 configured to display: Another 100 Calories Burned! since setting up the Sport Profiles during Beta last Spring. I use this more for motivation & notification than as an actual reminder to eat or drink.

During MTB'ing this appears quite often! I probably should revise the setting to every 500 kcals, and as the weather now gets much warmer here in Southern California, it may not be a bad idea to consider configuring a drink reminder as I have on my RS800CX.

I'll need to take a look in Polar Flow web service to see if it supports multiple reminders per Sport Profile.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
18-04-2015, 15:02   #3
ababacz

Originally Posted by MusicLaw View Post
Certainly a valid use and configuration!

I had my V800 configured to display: Another 100 Calories Burned! since setting up the Sport Profiles during Beta last Spring. I use this more for motivation & notification than as an actual reminder to eat or drink.

During MTB'ing this appears quite often! I probably should revise the setting to every 500 kcals, and as the weather now gets much warmer here in Southern California, it may not be a bad idea to consider configuring a drink reminder as I have on my RS800CX.

I'll need to take a look in Polar Flow web service to see if it supports multiple reminders per Sport Profile.
Thank you for your comment!
Regarding your idea, seems that there may be only one kind of alert and one interval maintained per sport profile@ Flow.
I had also idea to set two separate alerts. One reminder to drink something every 15 minutes, second reminder to eat something every x00 kcal.

Thanks.
ababacz is offline Reply With Quote