17-03-2014, 16:02   #1
kurt845

Check heart rate transmitter
I have a FT40. I have been using it for years and it has worked well till now.

The watch says "Check heart rate transmitter" I changed the battery on the strap as I have done several times in the past, so I now it is not the battery.

Suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Kurt
kurt845 is offline Reply With Quote
17-03-2014, 20:53   #2
MusicLaw

Ruling out a low voltage CR2025 battery (full is > 3.25vdc) in either the wrist unit or the FT40, if you have been using the WearLink+ style textile chest strap with the grey meshy sensor strips, the delicate fibers comprising those sensor strips may be soiled, or simply worn out. They do not last forever!

It may well be time to replace your existing chest strap with the new Soft Strap. The Soft Strap is far more comfortable to wear, performs better, and is easier to maintain.

If your strap is not under warranty a new Soft Strap is the way to go. They are available from many Polar Authorized Resellers, and are available in several choices of color. See: http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/...ies/Soft_strap

Before buying a new chest strap, try thoroughly machine laundering your chest strap to assure that it is free of all soil, build up, perspiration, etc. Then hang dry.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote