28-03-2013, 13:29   #1
sammniamii

New FT40 issue - transmitter not reading.
This is my 3rd Polar product.

I recently purchased a NEW FT40, for the first 2.5 weeks everything was going fine. Then late last week, it read a reading of HR at 200. After the second "200+" reading, I changed the battery in the transmitter (2025 lithium).

Now I'm having trouble getting the transmitter to read to the watch. It keeps telling me to "check the transmitter" or it will read but the heart rate is very low (walking 4mph and reading 50).

I laundry the included strap (plastic electrodes) once a week, unit is used daily. I make sure the strap is SOAKED before putting it on. I make sure my work badge is flipped behind me (noticed that caused issues) and I'm only wearing normal clothes and a light jacket.

What could be the issue, I've read all the FAQs and thru the other posts. I'm at a loss and upset.
sammniamii is offline Reply With Quote
28-03-2013, 18:32   #2
sammniamii

Thank you Polar customer suport - they replied to my email. IN CASE anyone else has the same issue and none of the other tips you can read here help, this is what they told me & worked for my unit...

When changing the battery, leave the battery off the transmitter for 5-10 (I left it for 30) min. This "resets" the transmitter.

When I reconnected the battery, it worked perfectly.

Thanks. Some of my faith in Polar has been restored.
sammniamii is offline Reply With Quote
07-06-2013, 16:10   #3
Less1980

Originally Posted by sammniamii View Post
Thank you Polar customer suport - they replied to my email. IN CASE anyone else has the same issue and none of the other tips you can read here help, this is what they told me & worked for my unit...

When changing the battery, leave the battery off the transmitter for 5-10 (I left it for 30) min. This "resets" the transmitter.

When I reconnected the battery, it worked perfectly.

Thanks. Some of my faith in Polar has been restored.
Thanks for listing their suggestions and your success! I'm having the same issue - only had this for about two months and then suddenly yesterday, no heart rate. For some reason the signal was not transmitting. Boo. I troubleshooted...again nothing worked. I emailed them, but I'm too impatient so I checked the forums.

Fingers crossed!! I really like this product, I've had Polar before with no issues so this was really frustrating.
Less1980 is offline Reply With Quote
20-06-2013, 11:06   #4
spudz

FT40 Trasmitter issues
Hi,

Just been reading about your problems with your transmitter not reading properly. I am on to my second polar product and am having the same problems. It first started after only a few months so I sent it back to them and they said it was a problem with the strap and gave me a new one. I still keep having the problem intermittently. It either doesn't read my heart rate or says its 200+.

I've even bought a spare chest strap so that I'm not using the same one too often and I rinse it under the tap after each use and wash it after using it 5 times like it suggests. I really like Polar products and don't want to have to get something else (can't afford to anyway) but its getting a bit annoying when it doesn't work properly.
spudz is offline Reply With Quote
23-08-2014, 22:34   #5
Haejae

HR is 0 and then 240?? Burned 0 calorie
I had my FT40 for over 1 year. After so many repair work, it still shows 0 HR or over 200. Today I worked out for over an hour and burned 0 calorie. I looked down at my watch at some point and it says my HR is 240. My strap is pretty new and so is the battery. Like many others on this forum, I take care of strap & transmitter properly. What's causing this? I am upset and very annoyed.
Haejae is offline Reply With Quote