23-09-2013, 21:04   #1
Vinay_R

multiple users on one single computer
My girlfriend and I both upload our training data using the weblink software. The thing is, you have to make sure that you change the e-mail address and password everytime you switch user. Is there an easier way? Either to store multiple user settings (devices, e-mail addresses and passwords) or maybe to install it several times. The computer runs MS Windows 7. I could maybe also install it on my linux netbook and just upload my data through my own computer (the Windows machine is hers) but it seems a bit stupid to run two different computers merely to upload training data.
Vinay_R is offline Reply With Quote
23-09-2013, 22:15   #2
MusicLaw

You can create an alternate Windows 7 login sequence for when you user her Windows 7 computer.

Alternatively, in the Polar WebSync software you can disable the auto login to the Polar Personal Trainer web service. This will prompt a log in each and every time the HRM is synced so that the unit will be synced properly to the respective web service account.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
24-09-2013, 21:14   #3
Vinay_R

Thank you for your quick response. I just checked the Polar website for some info on the WebSync software. By the description, it seems like it is only compatible with the newer Polar devices. I use a S810 (which I use most of the time) and a S710, my girlfriend has got a S725X. None of them seems to be compatible with the WebSync software.

It is no huge problem though, I just have to take extra care when uploading data. Sometimes something goes to the wrong account, but you'll notice soon enough and correct it.
Vinay_R is offline Reply With Quote
24-09-2013, 22:53   #4
MusicLaw

Originally Posted by Vinay_R View Post
Thank you for your quick response. I just checked the Polar website for some info on the WebSync software. By the description, it seems like it is only compatible with the newer Polar devices. I use a S810 (which I use most of the time) and a S710, my girlfriend has got a S725X. None of them seems to be compatible with the WebSync software.

It is no huge problem though, I just have to take extra care when uploading data. Sometimes something goes to the wrong account, but you'll notice soon enough and correct it.
I have not used any of those older models. Nonetheless, I was under the impression that that they were designed to be synced with and configured by Polar Precision Software and it's successor Polar ProTrainer5 both of which are stand-alone for the PC. As I now noticed that you posted this thread in the WebLink Forum, I'm presuming that is what you are using to sync to PolarPersonalTrainer.com web service.

When you launch WebLink, click on Settings in the lower left corner. This will allow you to select the wrist unit and enter the appropriate Username and Password for the respective account to which you wish to sync the Training File(s).

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti

Last edited by MusicLaw : 24-09-2013 at 23:00.
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
24-07-2014, 06:54   #5
esoQsell

Who wants to be my friend?

we can be friends?