03-08-2015, 10:12   #1
pulmark

Weblink and Windows 10
Just upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. The Polar silver USB IrDA dongle stopped working.

To fix the problem, I tried to update the drivers using the chip manufacturer (ASIX Electronics Corporation, MCS7780 chip) latest package but no success. The package has support for Windows 8.1 and earlier Windows versions.

The same problem exists with PPT5 software.

Has someone encountered similar problems and found solution ?

Are there any other USB IrDA dongles that work with Polar sport watches using IrDA and are supported by Windows 10 ?
pulmark is offline Reply With Quote
04-08-2015, 02:20   #2
PetrVod

I had exactly the same problem, reverted to Windows 8.1 for now. Tried polar drivers, manufacturer drivers, no luck...
Seems like Polar acknowledges the problem, but I'm afraid they don't plan to fix it...
"Polar products which are not manufactured anymore or are under Polar support, cannot be promised a full Windows 10 support.": http://updates.polar.com/2015/07/win...and-softwares/
I guess it might be time to finally move on from my RS800CX
PetrVod is offline Reply With Quote
05-08-2015, 21:14   #3
pulmark

Originally Posted by PetrVod View Post
I had exactly the same problem, reverted to Windows 8.1 for now. Tried polar drivers, manufacturer drivers, no luck...
Seems like Polar acknowledges the problem, but I'm afraid they don't plan to fix it...
"Polar products which are not manufactured anymore or are under Polar support, cannot be promised a full Windows 10 support.": http://updates.polar.com/2015/07/win...and-softwares/
I guess it might be time to finally move on from my RS800CX
I sent eMail to ASIX Electronics technical support about the problem and also send support query about the incompatibility with Windows 10 to Microsoft.

So I hope that somehow problem will be fixed.
pulmark is offline Reply With Quote
06-08-2015, 17:46   #4
PetrVod

Originally Posted by pulmark View Post
I sent eMail to ASIX Electronics technical support about the problem and also send support query about the incompatibility with Windows 10 to Microsoft.

So I hope that somehow problem will be fixed.
Great idea! Thanks...
I just checked the latest driver update on ASIX website is from July 2015 (for Mac), so hopefully they still support it.
PetrVod is offline Reply With Quote
06-01-2016, 13:01   #5
kazuza

IrDA NOW supported in Windows 10
Well after the latest update , the irda adapter in now supported and installs correctly in windows 10.

However, Polar PPT and Weblink do not initiate IR communication with device. Will there be a software update to the software, now that IR support exists in Windows 10 ?
kazuza is offline Reply With Quote